When it comes to art and expressing one’s self, tattoos are one of the trendiest ways to do them today. They convey a person’s personality or boost self-confidence. And even if you’re not a tattoo enthusiast, many people decide to get inked as a reminder of something significant in their lives.
It’s the reason why they think of a unique design to make a permanent mark worth it. Most of the time, they choose a Custom tattoo design service to give them the freedom to create their dream tattoos, and freelancers are the best choices to get them done.
Tattoo Custom Design in a Nutshell
Most, if not all, tattoo artists have a portfolio of their tattoo designs. If a client wishes to alter one of the designs, then it’s already a customized tattoo. The original design will have modifications, and it’s usually altered according to the client’s specifications. It has a relatively higher price than the typical tattoo services, but many clients choose a custom tattoo because it embodies a one-of-a-kind piece of design.
Tattoo designs can be about anything. They are a form of art, which means you can be as imaginative as you can be. But over time, the designs have been categorized according to styles. To give you an idea, here are the most common tattoo designs that you can consider.
- Traditional – Also known as American or western traditional tattoos, this style consists of bold lines and striking colors. The designs are iconic, stunning, and timeless, ranging from roses, butterflies, anchors, lady faces, animals, among others.
- Realistic – You can mistake this type of tattoo design for portraits. They look so real as if they have pasted themselves on to your skin. The colors are usually black and gray.
- Tribal Style- This type of design is based on tribal or indigenous cultures. It’s the oldest body art design, which can be traced back to ancient times. They come in shapes and patterns that are inked in black or dark hues.
- Neo-Traditional Style- It’s an upgrade of the traditional style. There are more details and colors in the tattoo, and sometimes, they have more impact and show a lot of emotions.
- Japanese- Typical Japanese tattoo designs are koi fish, samurais, dragons, the Phoenix, cherry blossoms, and even characters from the Japanese writing system.
As previously mentioned, professional tattoo artists have already created their own designs. They may be based on the most common styles, or they have made their own style. Whichever it is, a custom tattoo design service is important because it allows clients to collaborate with the artists and their ideas put into the right places.
If you want a customized design, you can go to a tattoo studio where tattoo artists hire designers. You also have the option to hire a freelancer who works independently and has more room to work with you and your ideas.
Getting the Job Done
There is a wide range of available tools to be used in providing a custom tattoo design service. Since we’re talking about digital designs, professional tattoo designers can create their work using the following recommended software:
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator – This is for image editing. Tattoo designers can edit, adjust, combine images, and compile their work with the help of Adobe’s 3D tools. They can even test their designs on any body part through this software. It’s an advantage because the clients can see how the tattoo design looks on their skin.
- Procreate – It’s a drawing, designing, and painting app that is exclusive on iPad Pro. Tattoo artists can customized designs using this software while holding a pen display.
- Clip Studio Paint Pro – One of the best software choices for tattoo artists, Clip Studio Paint Pro features many useful tools in designing tattoos. This software is a top choice for illustrators and animators, so there is no reason why it isn’t a great tool for tattoo designers.
Looking for a tattoo designer online can be an overwhelming task. You can see a lot of companies or studios that offer the services that you want to hire. However, if you want someone to take on your request and get the job done the right way, then look for the right person on a freelancing site. It’s one of the best ways to shorten your search. Freelance tattoo designers have the proper tools to work on your job order.
Some of the most popular freelancing sites are Fiverr, Upwork, 99Designs, PeoplePerHour, and Guru. Unlike hiring someone from a company that may not disclose the artist behind the design, the designers on these sites will sell themselves to you, giving you reasons why you should hire one of them.
Freelancers on those aforementioned sites will also provide or post samples of their designs and disclose the tools they use to let you see how they work. You will get to know more about them on a professional level. And once you feel comfortable working with a freelancer, you can directly contact him or her.
Create Tattoo Design on Fiverr.com!
If we speak about freelancers and freelancing services, Fiverr is one of the places you can go to. You can meet a lot of great freelance tattoo designers on the website. Many clients don’t like using Fiverr because it can get too confusing, and that’s understandable. If you happen to be one of them, don’t worry. There is a way to make it easy.
First of all, a service posted on Fiverr is called a gig. When you’re looking for a custom tattoo design gig, make sure that you check the freelancer’s profile and read about the freelancer’s gig. It’s also important to consider the number of stars and feedback from their previous clients. If you read positive comments, then you’re on right track.
Second, in most cases, freelancers offer three types of packages at different prices. Each package has different features, so ensure that your preferred package covers your needs. Once you have made the choice, click CONTINUE to process your order. You’ll have to confirm and pay for the order before submitting your requirements. That’s it! Easy, right?